Contractor Accountants - Insurance for Contractors
Business insurances cover is usually required by and included in the contracts of agencies and clients. Though no longer a statutory requirement, a company that is genuinely in business on its own account would be expected to be protected by all essential business insurance.
As a contractor or consultant there are a number of different insurance products that you can purchase, but deciding what you need can be difficult. With an extensive knowledge of the freelance industry, Kingsbridge Professional solutions have put together a cost effective package to meet the main exposures you or your business could face.
By carefully selecting cover appropriate for you we have removed the complication of picking cover and limits to purchase separately. You simply buy one policy, which includes the following cover:
Why Choose Us?
Choose EAFS’ insurance partner Kingsbridge as your insurance provider and you'll get:
- The best value cover for the lowest possible price with our Price Promise
- Instant cover
- Few exclusions
- An A-rated insurer
- Instant documents
- A dedicated UK team
- Policies for on and offshore workers
- A partner with coveted Chartered Insurance Broker status
- 5 Insurance products in one easy to manage package
Professional Indemnity Insurance Package for Freelancers and Contractors
At Kingsbridge Professional Solutions we have designed our core product to suit the requirements of freelance professionals. It has been developed to include cover for all of the main exposures which could affect your business. You don't need to choose specific elements of cover as they have been carefully selected to complement your business. You only need to check that the limits provided meet the requirements of your contract.
Why do I need insurance when working as a contractor or freelancer?
For some contractors, there is a legal requirement to hold insurance. The employers' liability legislation requires all employers to provide legal liability cover for their employees as they could suffer injury as a result of their activities. This rule has limited exceptions in law, however a limited company employing only its director, who also owns 50% or more of the share capital is exempt from employers' liability legislation. If this applies to you then the law does not require you to hold any insurance, but any prudent individual would normally choose to protect themselves from liability which might arise as a result of their business activities.
In the vast majority of cases, contract conditions will insist that you hold certain insurance cover, usually employers' liability, public liability and professional indemnity. Failure to provide this cover could lead to breach of contract. Many clients and agencies insist on proof of your cover arrangements.
What risks am I exposed to working as a freelance contractor?
- Do I give professional advice?
- Will I get paid if I am injured at work?
- Do I employ my spouse?
- Do I visit clients' premises?
- Do my clients visit me?
- Do I have legal duties operating a limited company?
- Do I need funds to defend against any actions made against me; even unfounded ones?
Benefits of the Kingsbridge policy
- Costs less than £36* per month.
- Is quick and easy to buy online.
- Has comprehensive policy limits.
- Is a key IR35 compliance indicator.
- Helps meet your contractual obligations.
- Covers an extensive range of professional occupations.
- Is a simple package at a market leading price.
There are so many policies out there for contractors - how do I choose the right one for me?
As a freelance contractor or consultant there are a number of different insurance products that you can purchase, but deciding what you need can be difficult. With an extensive knowledge of the freelance industry, Kingsbridge Professional Solutions have put together a cost effective package to meet the main exposures you or your business could face.
By carefully selecting cover appropriate for you, we have removed the complication of purchasing cover and choosing limits separately. You simply buy one policy which includes the following cover:
- Professional Indemnity - £1 million any one claim (and in the aggregate)
- Public Liability - £5 million per original cause (unlimited in the aggregate)
- Employers' Liability - £10 million per original cause (unlimited in the aggregate)
- Directors' and Officers' Liability - £100,000 any one claim (and in the aggregate)
- Personal Accident, Weekly Benefit – up to £500 payable for maximum of 52 weeks
- Personal Accident, Death Benefit - £100,000
For Insurance for Contractors Visit